Tuesday 11 October 2011

Duck in Paris

Paris was relaxing. It turned out the trains there from L’Isle Adam were less frequent than we hoped and took longer but we arrived at 1pm and had a lovely walk around Montmatre (yes, including the steps up to the cathedral that feature in Amelie) followed by a delicious and slow lunch. Got excited by a whole street FULL of fabric shops but managed to remember I was going to be away for three months and didn’t need any.
Full of good food and French wine we gently drifted to the metro to get into the city centre and although it wasn’t worth paying for entry into any of the more time consuming galleries by this time, I really enjoyed the walk around- very like London but with landmarks refreshingly new to my eyes. I was astounded what an eyesore the Eiffel Tower was by day but we went up around sunset to catch views by day and night and when we got down I couldn’t stop taking pictures of it as now it looked so eye-catching!

View from the first floor. We skipped this humongous queue by walking up instead of the lift- only 2 people in our queue!


I can't resist putting another one in, I took SO MANY photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment