Sunday 16 October 2011

I think I’m in love...


I just can’t get over Switzerland. I’ve taken so many photos today that choosing just one to go up is going to be impossible. Every view, every vista just gets better and better and everywhere the pleasant discordant clonking burble of the cow bells. Managed to squeeze in a lovely walk in hot sun with snow patches crunching underfoot.
We were going to head into Austria today as we got out a particular amount of Francs from the cash machine but since we rough camped last night we still have some to use up so we decided to take the southern route past Lichtenstein, having another night in Switzerland, and cross the border tomorrow. I’m so glad we did- it took us over a spectacular pass 3995m high and the trees changed to a mix of evergreen and deciduous on the decent , a much softer feel to the rest of the country.
Sadly we’re in a campsite tonight so I won’t be spending our spare francs on a fancy Swiss meal but should be enough for a few cakes at the Bakerie on the way out the country tomorrow. I have to note here how excellent Alex’s school boy German is, I knew his French was good but his German is all coming back to him too-I’m very impressed especially since I’m so hopeless!

2 comments:

  1. Where are you, where are you? So envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I've totally failed to put a location on this haven't I? Will have a look when I'm next back with a map and try and remember to tell you- forgot you had connections there xx

    ReplyDelete